5.03.2008

The Ideas Post

~Announcements~

Ok, so now that I know that there are people out there, checking this blog, I think it is time to get this thing up and running. Thank you so much for joining up! I really feel like God is doing something great in this generation, and I would love for us, the young people of Grace Community Church, to be apart of it. I am so excited!

So what's the point of this website? While I kinda laid this out in my first post, I'll try to make a little bit more sense.

I would love for us gracers to continue to form a cohesive group, where we can really help each other with accountability, discussion and application, and having fun. This is not my blog. The point is not for me to post and then all of you comment on it, saying how great what I said was. The point is for us to make this website our own. Bring up whatever questions, thoughts or discussions you have, prayer requests, struggles with sin, whatever. That's why I am allowing people other than just me to post. I am looking for these people that I am allowing to post to lead the discussion!

A second purpose is help us get organized. As more people join (hopefully), I would like to take ideas for events and get-togethers and post them here, instead of sending church-wide emails. Not everything we do has to involve everyone in the church! However, if you are heading to go see a baseball game or a movie and you want to invite anyone to come, post here. That way, we are getting time for fellowship and fun, but it's not a huge event, and there's no controversy about age groups or people not getting invited, etc.

Whew! Well, those are my plans for this blog. What would you like to see? Any suggestions are VERY welcome. Thanks for being apart of this, I know this is just the start of what God is doing.

- Charlie

4 comments:

Mel said...

Hey Charlie,

This is a great blog you've started. I know if I was part of Grace Community I'd definitely join! I know anyone there who becomes part of this will greatly benefit from it.
I hope you don't mind my reading this blog or for typing in this comment.
Alright, I'm done.

Melly Rose

Charlie Mulligan said...

I don't mind at all, Melley! Please let any of your friends from Grace about it!

Feel free to comment.

Shannon said...

I like the idea's you have for this.

So who is going to invite everyone out first? ;)

Maybe we should all get together and go se Prince Caspin when it come out. (I'm sure many want to see it.) And it would be fun to go out with other Grace Teen's and parents (If they want) If everyone would like to do something like this we will need a set date. (after it comes out)

What do you all think?

~Shannon

Charlie Mulligan said...

Shannon- that's a great idea. I know I have talked to some people already about Prince Caspian, so let me talk to them and I'll get things started.